At a time when you planned or required to change your system, or if needed to restore a backup of your existing company file of QuickBooks.And all of the sudden you face an issue while restoring
And all of the sudden you face an issue while restoring the backup. Sometimes when it's not going through, it becomes less hectic.
Don’t worry, in this article I have shortlisted 4 Solutions which will surely help you in fixing the issue.
Simply go through from the article and I am pretty much sure that one of the following will fix your issue related to backing up the existing company file.
Solution 1 :- Update your installation of QuickBooks.
Note :- QuickBooks is often updated after its first release to fix common issues. These release updates are free and easy to download.
Solution 2 :- Copy the file from removable storage device to your computer before restoring your backup
- Copy the .QBB (backup) file from the removable storage unit to your computer's desktop.
- Open QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks File menu, choose Open or Restore Company.
- Browse to the local desktop, and chose the backup file.
- Click Open.
- In the Restore Company To: window, browse to the local desktop and click Save.
Important :- This restores your backup on your local computer, rather than a network location. Once the file restores successfully, you may then copy the Company File (.QBW) from the local desktop to the desired network location.
Solution 3 :- Run rebuild and verify on the original file, then create a new backup
- Open the Original File the backup was created from.
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- After the rebuild is complete, go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- If the verify comes back with the message "No issues detected", proceed to Step 5.
- If the file fails the verification, run the Rebuild Data Utility.
- Choose Local Backup.
- Save the backup to the desktop.
- After the backup is created, move the backup to the removable storage unit. Once you have the file on the removable storage unit, repeat the steps from Solution 2.
If in case the error still occurs, try Solution 4.
Solution 4: Create a portable company file from the original file
- Open the original file the backup was created from.
- Go to File > Create copy.
- Select Portable company file.
- Save the portable file to the desktop.
- After the portable company file is created, move it to the removable storage unit. Once you have the file on the removable storage unit, repeat the steps from Solution 2, after selecting Restore a portable file instead of the backup file option