When opening QuickBooks in multi-user mode
Errors that occur while setting up or working in multi-user mode can be time-consuming to diagnose and correct. To help investigate and resolve the error, We recommend downloading the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, which analyzes whether your computer and network connection are set up properly for multi-user mode. If the tool doesn't help you resolve the error, you can return to this article and try the solution described here.
Steps to resolve this issue manually
If the computer name where the file is hosted has been changed:
- Reboot the system and then restart QuickBooks.
- Go to File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Go to File > Switch to Multi-User Mode
Note:- If you cannot open the company file, the Switch to Multi User Mode will not be available. Please go to File>Utilities>Host Multi-User Access.
If the McAfee Privacy Service is installed:
- Open the McAfee Security Center.
- Select the Privacy Service tab on the left side.
- Select Configure Privacy Service Options, and select the Options tab.
- Select the Block Info tab, and uncheck the Block Web Bugs on this Computer option.
- Close McAfee Security Center.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Note:- Intuit does not provide technical support for third-party applications that integrate data with QuickBooks desktop software. Contact the third-party owner, developer, or vendor for questions regarding the data integration process or for technical support for the application that shares data with QuickBooks.