What is iCloud Keychain ?
ICloud Keychain helps you in syncing and keeping your credentials up to date across all of your approved devices.
Credentials like usernames and passwords, credit card information, Wi-Fi network information and much more. When you visit to sign in your Facebook, Twitter, Email, and other Internet accounts, ICloud Keychain then automatically fills your usernames and passwords to all of your approved devices.
ICloud Keychain also designed to keep the accounts you regularly use in Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Messages, and get them all synced and up to date across all of your Mac computers.
NOTE :- iCloud Keychain only supported by devices which have following Operating Systems.
|iOS||7.0.3 or later||iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad|
|OS X||10.9 (Mavericks) or later||MacBook, Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro|
IMPORTANT : Make sure your device must have minimum required OS installed. (check previous step).
iOS User : iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad :-
There will be 2 ways to do so
Method 1 : Updating your Device OS
If you are updating your Device OS. After you finish update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest iOS, then the setup assistant will ask you to set up iCloud Keychain. You can then follow onscreen instructions to set it up.
Method 2 : Already have latest OS.
If previously while updating you skipped setting it up and want to set up iCloud Keychain now, please follow these steps to set it up:
- Open Settings ( ) app from your home screen
- Then scroll and tap on iCloud ( ).
- Scroll down and from options tap on Keychain.
- Turn on ( ) the “iCloud Keychain” .
- The onwards you will have two options: Approve from other device & Use iCloud Security Code.
- Approve from another device:- In this, you will be asked to choose one of your other iCloud-connected devices. Then you need to use that (connected) device to enter the password for your iCloud account. This will switch ON iCloud Keychain on your first device.
- Use iCloud Security Code :- you will be prompted to create a new iCloud Security Code. (4-digit PIN, this is different from your passcode)
Once you have setup your first device, you should be ready to setup other devices.
OS X User : MacBook, Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro :-
Please follow these steps to set it up:
- Choose Apple ( ) from menu, then select System Preferences ( ) .
- Then click iCloud.
- Select Keychain. If you want to, you can set a passcode to unlock your screen after sleep or after the screen saver begins.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.