- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard setting to U.S. only
- Administrator Rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi User Access
Operating systems supported
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit.
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit.
- Windows 7, all editions including 64-bit.
- Windows Vista (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit.
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (SP2)*, including 64-bit.
- Windows: Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista (SP2) with UAC on
- Windows Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 - Terminal Server Config
- Windows Server 2003 (SP2)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
Note :- Windows Home Server Edition is not supported.
Hardware and operating system requirements (client and server)
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum
- 4 GB RAM minimum, 8GB RAM Recommended
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users 20+GB RAM
- 4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations
- Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting (96 DPI or 100%). Additionally, medium DPI (120 DPI or 110%) is supported to ensure an
- optimal experience for 110% scaling.
- Internet access is required
Disk space requirements
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
- Require minimum 2.0 GB Ram
- Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”IntuitIntuit Data Protect"
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features. See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. (Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, or 2007 (32 bit)
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (V12.0), V11.0 , V10.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2016 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2016 and 2014.
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2014.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL.
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, and 9.
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2016 and Enterprise 16.0 have been tested with the following firewall and antivirus products.
Note :- In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender
Note : QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.